World History II, I, and Geography Expectations and Procedures
Instructor: Mr. MacGuinness *Remember to keep this copy in your notebook
at all times
Testing and Grading:
- Quizzes may be given with or without notice. Tests will be announced.
- Grades will be weighted as follows: quizzes, journal: 30%; homework:
10%, class participation/class activities:20%; tests and projects 40%. The
York County grading scale applies. Grades will tabulated numerically.
1. Materials Needed - textbook, a separate loose-leaf
notebook with loose-leaf paper included and a writing utensil. The above
are required materials and must be brought to class daily. All work
must be written in blue or black ink only. A 0 will apply if you
make the decision not to follow this policy.
2. Class Attendance - Each Student is required to attend
class. If a student is absent it is their responsibility to check assignments,
and complete the work assigned. The teacher will always be available for clarification.
Each student will be in class on time and working at their desk at the time
of the bell.
a. Homework will be assigned on a regular basis. The completion
of homework is essential to being successful in this class. Homework
is to be done in black or blue ink only.
b. Keep all of your assignments, daily notes, and quizzes
neatly away in your notebook. This is to ensure that you will have the
necessary materials when studying for tests.
c. Late work will not be accepted. Students are responsible
for turning in assignments on time and following directions.
d. Work missed due to absences must be made up. It is
the student’s responsibility to obtain assignments before or after an absence.
Students will have one week from the day of a test, to make up the test due
to excused absences.
e. If you are in school the day a test is announced,
but absent the class day before a test, you are responsible for taking the
test if you are present in class. If you are in class the day a test is announced
but absent on test day, you should be prepared to take the test the same day
you return to school. Unexcused absences will not excuse
you from taking a test.
f. Quizzes and Tests are to be written in blue or black
- If you need extra help in this subject you will stay after school for
teacher assistance between 1:45 and 3:30. It is necessary that you provide
transportation. Other times are available but must be prearranged.
1. All regulations in the Student Handbook apply to this
2. Chewing gum, candy, beverages, or food items are not
allowed in class.
3. When the teacher is talking students are not. Disruption
of the class will be dealt with immediately.
4. Students will remain in their seats until the bell
rings or otherwise instructed by the teacher.
5. Sharing assignment answers( outside of group work
or otherwise authorized) is not allowed.
6. Cheating will receive an immediate 0 and a call home.
Parent and Student Agreement
You have read and discussed these guidelines. You are aware that you may
reach Mr. MacGuinness during the school day by calling the school at 898-0354
or 890-5000 or e-mailing email@example.com.
Parent Signature: ______________________________
to Main Page